Commencing 1st August 2023, we are looking for committed apprentices to join our team as Ship Mechanic.
- Responsible for maintenance tasks both on deck and in the engine room
- Assist in mooring and unmooring operations, including arrival and departure manoeuvres
- Monitor loading/discharging operations during stay at port
- Obtain watchkeeping licence for deck and engine work
- Actively participate in rescue and fire exercises, as well as safety drills
- Residence in Germany
- Secondary school certificate with good Grade in Maths, Physics and English
- Good technical skills
- Eager to learn, ability to work well in a team and an interest in shipping
- Physically fit (must possess a medical certificate for sea service)
Please note: The school-based vocational training takes place in Travemünde, Germany and all lessons are held in German.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, then we’re happy to hear from you. Please send your CV, the 3 most recent school certificates and internship assessments via email.
For reasons of better readability, we have decided to use the masculine spelling. However, applications of all genders are generally welcome.
Please send your complete application documents via email to:
German Tanker Shipping GmbH & Co. KG
28217 Bremen, Germany